Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ahhh....Florida!

Many of you know that I was down in Florida last week for some family time (and a little work too). I grew up near Jacksonville and about this time of year I CRAVE warm sticky weather, palm trees and the St. John's River. So I got up early one morning and headed to my favorite spot on the river, cleverly named River Road. :) I used to go running along this path and watching the sunrise and sunset over the river is what I remember best about growing up down there. It was so refreshing to watch the turtles and manatees float in the river and remember how important it is to slow down and breath sometimes. Of course I had to catch a few sunrise shots because the light was terrific.

My challenge for you, my wonderful readers, is to find a special spot today that makes you smile. Sit for just a few minutes and truly appreciate all you have. When I'm not at home that spot is usually a cozy coffee shop or an open field! Let me know what your favorite spot is and why! :)
So while down there I was also honored to throw a bridal shower for my oldest sister Karena! I absolutely LOVE good food (blame it on my catering days) so I was intent on having a relaxing and very indulgent party. Lots of chocolate, flowers, fresh bruschetta and international cheeses. YUM! Thanks to Jean Johnson for her gracious hosting and to my Mom for helping me tie up all the loose ends...Lord knows there were plenty! :)
Ok...enough jabbering for me...
D-



Chocolate favors...mmmm!



Karena, Me and our Mom


Fruit tarts with cream cheese...still trying to work it off...


2 comments:

Karena said...

Daisy,
Thank you for the fabulous and elegant shower - I'm still getting compliments from my guests! You're such a blessing as a sister and a pretty awesome photographer too! (of course, I'm biased) :)

Love ya!!
Karena

Grandma's Goodies said...

Daisy,
I loved the pictures of the shower and the ones of the food look so incredibly good and as delicious as they tasted. I enjoyed having it here at my home and loved everything you did to make it an elegant evening.

Blessings,
Jean